History of the Early Years

By the 1890s the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of New South Wales realised there was a need to provide a church school for boys to meet the requirements of Scottish and Presbyterian families who had settled all over the colony of New South Wales. Read more ...

Significant Buildings

Fairfax House (Ginahgulla House) was built in c1858 on land acquired by John Fairfax from the Cooper Estate. Constructed of brick and stone, the house is an example of Victorian Rustic gothic architecture and features a steeply pitched roof, masonry walling, a bay window at the front and tall chimneys. A rear courtyard enclosed a kitchen wing. Designed by architectural firm Weaver and Kemp it has been occupied by three generations of the Fairfax family.

Read more ...

The Preparatory School History

Among the 25 Boarders and 10 day boys whose names comprised the inaugural roll, it is reasonable to assume a number were of an age that would have graded them as Primary School pupils. In 1893, this distinction was not made though students were separated into age groups and later at Bellevue Hill, the younger children were grouped in a separate room but under the same roof as their older peers.

Read more ...


The history of the College Houses


The history of Glengarry